As one of many exciting announcements at MagentoLive Australia 2018 last week, Magento Commerce have confirmed the addition of sales channel capabilities, so that merchants can more simply and cost-effectively manage inventory on Amazon directly from the Magento platform.
Merchants will benefit from powerful listing tools that direct product distribution and visibility, provide detailed competitor reporting, and generate pricing recommendations, all designed to increase sales revenue.
Since the launch of Amazon Australia, shopping traffic has risen by 90 percent to over 14 million visitors. As Amazon continues to command greater share of online retail sales, merchants are increasingly adopting strategies to grow sales on third-party marketplaces. In a recent Magento study, 92 percent of merchants surveyed said that they expect to grow their Amazon sales channel revenue over the next twelve months.
“With a majority of consumers starting product searches directly on marketplaces like Amazon, this is a tremendous opportunity for merchants to help consumers discover their brand and buy their products,” said Mark Lavelle, CEO of Magento Commerce. “This enhanced capability from Magento helps merchants simplify the listing process, and measure the value gained from this important channel.”
The new Magento sales channel capability allows merchants to quickly and seamlessly sell through the Amazon Marketplace using these features:
- Leverage Amazon’s extensive catalog data for storefront enhancements such as advanced search, filtered navigation, and promotional rules
- Automatically match products and list them across Amazon’s North American, APAC, and European marketplaces
- Leverage advanced marketing tools to manage listings across marketplaces and increase sales by enhancing a listing’s urgency
- Take advantage of centralised order management to synchronise order status, tracking information, customer data, and cancellations
- Access detailed reporting on competitor pricing and use tools designed to increase product visibility and sales
- Deploy custom repricing tools to keep pricing competitive
- Leverage marketing tools such as the Amazon Strikethrough Price to enhance listings and increase sales
The new capability will be more broadly available for all merchants on Magento 2 later this year. Talk to eWave today to start your migration to Magento 2.
Michael is a Digital Campaign Strategist at eWave. With a passion for connecting brands with innovation in the commerce space, he has a focus in AI, Omnichannel Strategy and Marketing Automation. Follow his work here or connect with him on LinkedIn.